Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Defrost?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazer213, Jan 30, 2001.

1. Blazer213

Blazer213 Registered Member

Has anyone ever put a rear defrost in their Blazer?
    Is it even possible?
    If its possible what do I need to do?
    Thanks
    The Rooster

2. Hobbes68

Hobbes68 Registered Member

The full size Bronco has a defroster grid in the back window. No reason why GM couldn't have done it... I'm sure you can get a JC Whitney or a parts store kit to put your own defroster in. Just be careful how you run the wires so they don't chaffe and remember that the window has to move up and down. Don't know how long it would last... Maybe if you tinted the window after putting the grid on the glass to add a little protection to the grid.

This is something I've also wanted to do, but haven't gotten around to it. I was also thinking about an alternative. I have a small ceramic heater with a blower that plugs into the lighter. I was thinking I could mount it in the back so it blows warm air on the back window. I'd put a switch up front so I wouldn't have to leave the driver's seat to turn it on.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Hobbes68 on 01/30/01 11:52 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

3. NYC K5

NYC K5 1/2 ton status

my dad gave me this little heater that plugs into the cigarette lighter. i duct taped it to the roof and it blows warm air on the window and clears it real quickly. plus it warms the rear up faster. the only thing is he bought it in the 70's so i dont know where you could get one