Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear Dif +spare tire

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5Psycho, Apr 11, 2002.

1. K5Psycho

K5Psycho Registered Member

ok i got 33x12.50 tires on my blazer and i have a 30" spare i am running a 10bolt dif with posi trac is it true that with the difference of size in the tire it have screw my rear dif up
    thanks

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You should never run different size tires with a locker or posi unit. The different size tires can cause the truck to do crazy things and it can cause damage to the differential. Having one tire smaller than the other means that the smaller tire needs to rotate faster than the larger tire to mantain the same speed. If you have a posi or locker this can't happen and you will wear out the tire, and or break the posi or locker and possibly cause an accident resulting in injury or death. NOT A SMART THING TO DO.

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

But if you don't have a posi in the front you could put the smaller tire up front..Steering will be a little off.. But it will get you home...Dan

4. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

If you ever have a flat just make sure you put the smaller tire on the front (hubs unlocked). this may require you to take a front and rear tire off, but like that is very hard anyway. I have 35's with a 35" spare, but its a different brand and worn out, closer to 33, this is what I had to do.