Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Diff. Yoke

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MyK-5, Jun 23, 2000.

1. MyK-5

MyK-5 Registered Member

I recently bought a 81 K-5. Someone put a suspension lift on it and i dont think they did it right. When i am 4 wheeling and am crawling over stuff the rear yoke and the drive shaft pinch the u-joint. is there a cheap and easy fix for it?

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

how is the rear lifted. springs or blocks? I have used axel shims to correct pinion angles but don't like to use shims and blocks together. but I guess it can be done.

your right. I don't understand the jeep thing!

3. MyK-5

MyK-5 Registered Member

its lifted by springs. someone told me to tilt the axel to a different angle. but i am not sure. i am wondering if i put new shocks on it if it would make a difference.

4. BigBadBowTie

BigBadBowTie 1/2 ton status

<font color=purple>Nope shocks won't fix it. But a 4" lift with springs really shouldn't be causing this problem. Tilting the axle would help. However that can be expensive. Take a good look at your driveshaft, is it bent, maybe they lenghtened it to much? just some things to ponder.</font color=purple>
    [​IMG]

<font color=purple>Rick
    86 K-5</font color=purple>

http://www.BigBadBowTie.ColoradoK5.com