Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Differential Problems

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazinBill, Jun 26, 2001.

1. BlazinBill

BlazinBill Newbie

I have a 1990 K5 with stock 10 bolt with 3.08s. The ring bearin has fallen apart. I'm in the process of trying to remove the c clips that hold in the axles and have had no luck. All i've used is a couple of screw drivers and tried to pry them off. Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated. Going to try again tommorrow after work.

2. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

There should be a little bolt that holds in the carrier pin (big pin that holds two of the spider gears on and keeps the axles pushed out). Once you take the bolt out the pin slided out. Then you can push the axleshafts in enough to let the c clips fall off. When they fall off pull the shafts out of the pumpkin so you can continue on with taking the carrier out.

82 K5, 6.2L Diesel, sm465, np205, 14 bolt welded, 8 lug 10 bolt lock right, 410 gears, 35" Mud Kings
    SPEAK SOFTLY AND DRIVE A BIG TRUCK