Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear disc bracket ????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 69K5, Dec 28, 2003.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

I was looking up some info on my eaton rear end when i stumbled across someone say that you could take the caliper bracket off the front and mount it on the back to use for rear disc as lomg as you had spacers. evrything else was the sdame. from what ive seen evryone just uses the aftermarket brackets which is what i had planned on (same brackets as 14ff). i figured id ask befor i tore the front axel apart to find out. anyone seen or do this??

thanks

69k5

2. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

Re: another rear disc ????

3 hours of searching and this is all i found

" I put rear disc brakes on a dana 60 rear axle under my 72 blazer with 44's. I had a front dana 44 axle i used the backing plate and calipers. I bought new calipers and turned those in for core charge. I had to cut and grind the backing plate it took about 1 hour per side. I bought the roters from a local auto store i used a six lug off a 99 tahoe 4x4 the cost was about $60.00 each.I also switched out the master cylinder with a corvette master cylinder. So if you are one of those guy's that like to do it your self this is the way to go. My next thing is to put in a adjustable proportioning valve.
    Now i can lock them up if i had to. 1 FN HI K5"

anybody else?

3. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

Re: another rear disc ????

would 6 lug and 8 lug brackets be the same???? i would think so.

4. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

For the eaton ou would have to modify the brackets quite a bit. However, an eaton can use the same disc brake brackets as the 14b full floater. So any of the commonly available ones will fit. AZ-kicken, JKWoff road and theres a fellow on ebay who sells some good ones too.

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

why would i have to modify the brackets quite a bit for the eaton? like you said the same bracket aftermarket will work either way?

thanks

69k5

6. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

well i coulkdnt take it and took mine apart. there is noway. you would need to grind like 1/4 inch all the way around and would then have no bolt holes. then drill or weld. looks like im callin azkickin in a week or so.