Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear disc parts?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shaun89, Mar 21, 2007.

1. shaun89

shaun89 1/2 ton status

i just got rear disc brackets (diy4x) and they are beautiful, thanks kert. i was wondering if anyone has a parts list, my k5s and 89, if that makes a difference, i heard u dont need a master cylinder and other people say you do. can anyone help?:confused:

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

I would do it in pieces. It varies from truck to truck.

Set the rotors and hubs up, and plumb and install the calipers, and see how it brakes.

On my K5 with rear disc I'm using the stock vacuum booster and stock master cylinder, and she'll hold in Hi Or Lo, and only starts to get past the brakes in low-low on my doubler unless I stand on the pedal.

On my sixpack (crewcab, dually) with rear disc I have hydroboost and the P30 master, variable prop valve, etc etc, as I was having problems and threw money at it. I'm not convinced, in the end, that it was necessary... point being, try it first.

-- A

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

My blazer is an 89 and i just did the disc swap and nothing else, works perfect. Been running it for 5 years now with no problems.

4. shaun89

shaun89 1/2 ton status

hmm...sounds good, i think ill try it with a stock set up, from what you guys have done, it seems pretty good to me, thanks a lot guys!