Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear disc problem...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shaun89, Mar 31, 2007.

1. shaun89

shaun89 1/2 ton status

i just put on my diy4x rear brakes and used just normal napa calipers (not the caddi calipers) and 3/4 rotors, one side is fine but the passenger side is rubbing A LOT, my truck feels like a bad alignment from it and i cant seem to fix it, the bottom bolt and slider on the caliper are normal but the top slider is all the way pushed out and the caliper is up against the bracket and has no play. im scared to get the hammer out before asking for some advice, maybe someone could help?:confused:

2. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

I know all the brake brackets are test fitted with calipers before they leave the shop, so if you could snap a pic it could be very helpful.

Thanks,

Brett

3. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Yep, we fit them all these days. We do however keep them as tight as possible with our caliper which was selected for its small size. If you need to grind a smidge on the inside of the bracket ear it won't hurt nothing. Caliper castings can vary a great deal from one to the next. I'd rather start small than too big.

4. shaun89

shaun89 1/2 ton status

hmm ok,i think ill try and grind down a tiny bit to make it float better, thanks kert!