Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear disc swap questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by smprider112, Aug 28, 2004.

1. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

ok so I have the brackest/hardware, the calipers and the rotors....now, what brake lines can I use? just the same ones as the front? or do I need anything special to make em work with the hardlines fittings? or do they just thread together....I REALLY wanna get this thing done...for god sakes the rotors that have been inside of my blazer are starting to rust /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif (minor leak in the rear and I think its creating alot of condensation)
    so I gotta get this done, plus I have had the 14bolt waiting to go under it for 4 months or more /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I got the hose kit from az-kickin and I can use my original banjo bolts that came off my 10b. I makes things alot easier to get everything at once, it has little brackets and hoses, new banjo bolts,clips,etc...
    Check it out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. smprider112

ya but the hose kit is like 70 bucks...thats a lil too much for me...just for some hoses and brackets

4. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

yea true i got mine with the brackets and al for 120 from themm off e-bay so I saved alot of money. I dont know which rubber lines will bolt right on maybe someone else will chim in with a answer. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. smprider112

it pisses me off too...cuz I had a list of needed parts with part numbers to do the swap (it came with the brackets) but I lost it /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. WARP1

WARP1 Registered Member

I used front brake lines from NAPA. They were $50, but instock and easy to get.