Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear discs on 90 k5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by browningejm, Jun 9, 2005.

1. browningejm

browningejm Registered Member

I have a 12 bolt from a 75 k5 w/ rear disc brakes. will it work in my 90 with the existing master cyl. and what effect will it have on the abs? TIA, ERIK

2. browningejm

browningejm Registered Member

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

If you have ABS all the way around, it will mess with your computer. Not sure whtat to tell you about that. If the ABS is only on the front, then it won't affect it at all. AFA the MC goes, it should work ok. You might want to consider stepping up to a 3/4 ton MC if you experience a soft pedal after the swap.

Also, if you do it, make sure you get ALL the air out. I thought I had all of the air out of mine and I was wrong. Poor lady at the stop light musta wet her pants when she saw me rollin gup on her. I got lucky. I stopped approx 1" away from her rear bumper. Scared the hell out'a me!

I run rear discs on my '74 using the stock MC and I have no issues. I didn't need a prop. valve either. You might try contacting Wilwood and asking them some questions. Pretend you are interested in one of thier brake systems and they will spill their guts to you. Ask me how I know :deal: :whistle: