Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Disk Brake Help

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gassman, Apr 13, 2001.

1. gassman

gassman 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know were the Residual Valve is on a 71 Blazer. Have a TSM Rear Disk brake kit and all they say is that it is in the rear line or the combination valve in the rear. Don't want to tear in to both if I don't have to. Any help here. Thanks

2. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    I've got a 71 Blazer as well.The only "valve" is the combination valve that's mounted to the master cylinder.It controls the line pressure to the front and rear lines.It also delays the pressure to the front allowing the rears to "set" before the fronts apply.I'm almost certain that it's the only "valve" in the system.

[​IMG]<font color=green>BobK<font color=green>

3. gassman

gassman 1/2 ton status

Your blazer has one if you have disk brakes in front and drum in back. The residual valve holds ten pounds on a drum system when the brakes release to keep the spring on the shoes from collapsing the wheel cylinders. Not to be confused with a proportioning valve that regulates the volume to each set.

4. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

The combination valve contains the RPV in conjunction with a proportioning valve. Use a Seville proportioning valve like I did.

5. gassman

gassman 1/2 ton status

Steve, sent you a Private E-mail. Couldn't figure out why they said there was no Steve Chin when I first try. Had to look at your user name on your profile to see that there was a line in your name. On the post all user names have lines under them. Oh well.