Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear disk brake rotors

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JoshA, Dec 12, 2001.

1. JoshA

JoshA 1/2 ton status

I am working on getting rear disk brakes for my '72, but I am having trouble finding 6 lug rotors. stainless steel brakes make a kit for our trucks, but they won't sell me just the rotors. does anyone know of someone who will?

'72 blazer 9" lift YOKO mudders 35x12.50 350/sm465/3.73 UTAH

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Get the Brackets from TSM, then use 79-85 eldorado calipers (if you want a parking brake) or 80s Monte Carlo front calipers (no parking brake). Add some 73-87 front rotors and flex hoses and your done. Stainless Steel is a rip off, they use all Ford stuff.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.tsmmfg.com/General%20Motors%20others.htm>The Streetrod Manufacturing Co. Inc.</a>

3. Blue Bus

Blue Bus Registered Member

JoshA,
    I second the TSM route. I just did this myself and am very pleased with the results. As for the rotors, I was under the impression they were mid 90's 1/2 ton 4x4 pieces. I know mine are modified with a new (smaller stud holes) six lug bolt pattern. If you went to larger wheel studs, you probably wouldn't have to modify them at all. Call TSM or ORD and see what they have to say.

Ed

4. JTB

JTB 1/2 ton status

I used the TSM system also and I have been very happy with the results. Give them a call, Im sure they can help you cause I can't remember what the rotors were off of.
    Jeff

No officer, I don't remember doing donuts on your lawn

5. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

The rotors I have in back are front rotors for a '72 with the back face machined (so that the rotors will sit flat on the axle flange) and a six hole pattern re-drilled in them (because the existing holes are sized for the knurled portion of the studs, not the 7/16" threaded part of the studs). Check my web site for more details on the swap.

6. 1 FN HI K5

1 FN HI K5 1/2 ton status

Just go to your local auto parts store and get a brake rotor off a 97 yukon (Raybestos) part #5962 This is what i used to do my rear disc brake's <font color=red>1 FN HI K5</font color=red>

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/1fnhik5>http://community.webshots.com/user/1fnhik5</a>

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

97 Yukon uses the larger 14mm studs also like the pickups, right ?

I need to know if the 73-up front dana rotors are different that the 71 71 rotors in that the rotors actually separate from the bearing hubs unlike the 71 72 ones do.

'72 K-5 4x4, CST, 3.07, 4 speed, NP 205, 31' x 10.5", converting to 2wd and pickup body(I did not want to do this- rust made me do it)