Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear disk pluming

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by screamer*145, Nov 28, 2006.

1. screamer*145

screamer*145 1/2 ton status

I have disk brakes on my 14bff and now I need to put the adjustable prop. valve in but I don’t know how to go about doing it. Do I run direct pressure to the fronts and the valve in the rear circuit? Or do I leave the stock valve in and just run the adj. prop. valve between it and the master cylinder. :confused:

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I would not put it in at all. Just about everyone who does rear disc conversion uses the factory prop valve with no problems.

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

if you have the adjustable, just run durect to the front an the adj to the back.
    ditch the stock one.
    :D

4. screamer*145

screamer*145 1/2 ton status

well my factory one dose not work worth a dame so the adjustable one is going in. Now are there any down sides to runing direct pressure to the front?

5. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

The stock one sends direct pressure to the front, and the rear gets a reduced amount with a floating valve that can go both ways reducing or increasing depending on the flow, the more flow to the back the less pressure until it shuts off if there is loss of fluid.
    Problem is sometimes because of the big flow to fill the cylinder, it ends up cutting the flow and people don't know they need to reset it so they think it's bad.
    :D