Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear disks off 2000 chev trk

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazen 1971, Dec 3, 2001.

1. blazen 1971

blazen 1971 Newbie

Has anyone used the rear disk setup off a 1991-2001 chevy truck on either a 12 bolt rear axle or a dana 60. I currently have a 12 bolt but am thinking about converting to a 60. Does anyone know if this setup will bolt on to either or both. (i can get the complete setup (backing plates, roters, cailipers etc) and am trying to decide whether it will work with my current 12 bolt or what i plan on eventually using (the dana 60) please let me know what i need to do to use this setup.

thanks

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Get me a picture of the axle flange on the new 1/2 tons, and I will compare them to at least my 10 bolt. I *believe* for the most part (perhaps metric/standard differences) that the 10/12 bolt brakes can be swapped. Could be wrong, but I'd sure like to use stock GM disk brake stuff on my 10 bolts if possible, just can't get the axle flange pattern for the newer trucks

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?

3. CarolinaBogger

CarolinaBogger Registered Member

The brake setup of 10 and 12 bolts are the same. You can interchage the backing plates with no problem.

<font color=green>"I'm old enough to know better, but I'm still to young to care!"</font color=green>