Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear drive shaft vibes...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Big'nBadK5, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Big'nBadK5

Big'nBadK5 Registered Member

I put an echobit rear flip and soem add-a-leafs on my blazer a while back and since i am getting ready to treck 5.5 hours into up state Ny for college i thought it might be a good idea to try and remedy the vibration comming fronm the transfer case side fo the rear drive shaft. what could i do to fix it? i cant afford to put a CV joint up there just yet so something quick easy and inexpensive is the ticket. it dosent seam like the problem is to crazy so something small will likley fix it, i just dont know what.

2. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Is the u joint binding? If it is, you could grind away the small part of the yoke that is. Other than that, I don't know what you could do other than have it balanced/get a CV shaft.

3. Big'nBadK5

Big'nBadK5 Registered Member

I think the u joint is binding up. the shafts were just cut and balanced so i dont think that the drive shafts are the problem, just the u-joints.

4. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You could drop the T-case with some spacers to lower the angle. It's not ideal, but it works.

5. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

I had a similar problem I have been doing battle with for a good couple months. Rear CV shaft did not help either. What did help was lowering the tcase. It took about 15 minutes of time and almost no skill on my part.

Problem has been solved! Give a try and see if it helps.

BTW - I flipped around the stock spacers to drop it.