Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Driveshaft story for 6inch lift and QUESTION !

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ColAdo82K5, Aug 17, 2002.

1. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Hey,
    I'm in the rush to have a driveshaft made and you guys tell me if i'm on the right. I have about 6 inchs of rear lift and the slip yoke was very far out. I decided it needed some lengthing even though it still functioned when i drove it about 35 mph around the neighborhood. I did some measuring and used the old pythagareon equation. (distance of yoke center height above axle yoke squared plus horiozontal length between two yokes squared...take the square root of that and that equals your new driveshaft length.) Any way....my old shaft was 30.5 inches. That math gave me a length of about 32 inches.....only a 1.5 increase. This seems about right since the slip yoke is still functioning but out to far for real use. No transfer case lower.
    So....Are your driveshafts similar lengths and What is your drive shaft length for a 6 inch on a blazer ???

Thanks guys and gals.
    Blake

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I have a 6" lift with a 205 and a 14 bolt rear. My long piece on my two piece driveline is 35.5" and the yoke is 2.5" and I show about 4" of spline sitting there.

3. Yuba K5

Yuba K5 Registered Member

the driveline angle is sometimes a problem with the 208 because of the long rear peice on the back of the t case.i had a bunch of trouble with mine when i had the 208.i had to use some funky cv joint off of a cadilac and grind the stops down to get the angle to work. with the cv it was like 30 something inches.but without the cv joint you may get a high speed vibration from the driveline.

4. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

thanks guys...anyone else ?
    Blake