Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Driveshaft

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Big_B_Murphy, Oct 19, 2002.

1. Big_B_Murphy

Big_B_Murphy 1/2 ton status

I need a rear driveshaft for my K5. My slip yoke is shot and it is eating u-joints at an alarming rate. My K5 has 4 inches of lift and runs a sm465/205 combo and a 10 bolt at the rear. Idealy If anyone has one that would fit I would be thrilled. (I have been out of work from june /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif untill last week /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif so I am trying to do this for as cheap as I can get away with.) If the perfect one isn't out there, I would just be happy with one that has ends that are not too beat up and a slip yoke that doesn't have a bunch of play in it that I could have re tubed and balanced.
    Idealy I hope there is someone in either NC, Eastern TN or Northern GA that may have what I need. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
    Thanks in advance
    Brandon

2. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

What spline output does a 205 have, I have some stock shafts from 208/10 bolt blazers, is a 205 spline the same? I can send you a measurement if you think one would fit.
    Or could you just change the slip yoke and keep your old shaft?

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

what length you have for axle yoke to output yoke of the case ?

thanks

4. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Let me check around here. I usually have good luck finding parts in this area as it hasn't been scavenged like other places.

5. Big_B_Murphy

95 Silverado, Thanks but my 205 is a fixed output. The slip yoke is on the shaft. My K5 is uhh not quite original. (Who's is?) The Tranny/t-case is vintage mid70's. I need a shaft with the slip on the driveshaft. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

what length from output back to axle yoke do you have, and what size U joints ? i have a rear slip joint manual trans shaft here.

7. Big_B_Murphy

Thanks for all of the replies. I am currently about 400 miles from my K5 and I wasn't smart enough to make measurements last weekend. I will make measurements this weekend and get back to everyone who has replied. Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif