Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear driveshaft

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MA87K5, Dec 31, 2002.

1. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

How much does a drive shaft cost from High angle? I would like to stay with a non cv driveshaft. I'm not made of money. Thanks

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Why are you replacing your shaft if you don't need a CV?

Email Jesse, he's glad to give you a quote. If you're like me though, you probably won't be able to afford his stuff (he's quite proud of it, but I'm sure he makes great stuff) and you'll have to go to a local guy. My local guy gives me a good warranty though and he's a great guy and I save a lot of money by going there. I have a 1350 U joint rear shaft he made for me, with U joints and all cost me $180.

3. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

I have a brand new ( less than 100 miles) driveshaft for a 208 10bolt set up that i dont need. It is lenghtened 2" and was perfect for my 86 with 6" lift. The guy that built it used upgrade drag race tubeing and said it would withstand 700+ hp, will let it go for $120 plus the ride if thats what you need!

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

It's been a long time since I lived in Mass, but there used to be a place near the intersecion of 140 and 20, around the Shrewsbury/Framingham line that did driveshaft work. The name was W. D. Smith. If they're still around, check with them on pricing and also save on shipping costs. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

84 chevy, The reason I want to lengthen my driveshaft is that I am having vibration. Wasn't there before the lift. X-fer case is lowered using the spacers. The spring shims are correct way. BamBamblazer, I think 2" might be a little too much but not sure. I only need 1.5" more. Don't need the slip yoke to bottomout. But the price is good. How much would it cost to ship? zip 01020. HarryH3, I used aol yellow pages and didn't find them. I'll try something else. Thank for everyones help.

6. BamBamblazer

I'll tell ya what why dont you ask around on here and see if the 2" would work or not and then if you decide that you wanna go ahead and get it i"ll let you have it for $120 with the ride!!!! You need to measure your shaft from the center of the u-joints and let me know what it is, the 2" might be perfect if your shaft is different than mine. Just let me know. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

Does the driveshaft take the stock u-joints? All I want to do is rplace the driveshaft. Thanks again.

8. BamBamblazer

yep it uses stock u-joints, which are all new also

9. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

Sorry money became tight. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif