Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Driveshaft

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Emmettology 101, Dec 1, 2000.

1. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

How much longer will a SWB p/u rear driveshaft be than a K5/Jimmy rear shaft?

I know the K5 WB is 106.5 and the SWB P/u is around 112. So is there a total of 6inches difference in the shaft?

i am getting a SWB p/u rear shaft since I broke my slip yoke and I needed a longer shaft anyhow. I figured if it is too long it is cheaper to have it shortened than to have mine lengthened.

But it would be nice since my truck has a 6" lift on it if the shaft needed no modifying at all!
    ( I know that adding a 6" lift isn't going to require 6 more inches in the shaft, but I was just letting you know that my K5 isn't stock)

Thanks

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

2. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

you want to make your shaft catch up with the reast of your rig let me know- we can go to 1410 if you want- jess

3. FWP

FWP CRS

My rear driveshaft on the K10 is 42", the K5 is now 36". Doesn't it depend on alot of variables- ie. tranny type, lift, t-case, pinion angles, etc.? But my guess is it's way too long... $.02

<font color=blue>Maverick</font color=blue> <font color=red>CH 4 or 35</font color=red>

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

:) I would like to do that now, but the little woman and the cash flow says no! When the time comes, you will be the man i call! I really like the looks of that 1 ton 32 degree front shaft! I would like to get one of those and a CV rear shaft with Slip joint and a NP208 fixed yoke kit(maybe just Dodge parts)
    But for now, I will have to settle for stock type parts. :(

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com