Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear dual shock kit for 88-99? Rear spring lift?

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by SubYuman, Mar 4, 2005.

1. SubYuman

SubYuman 1/2 ton status

I thought I'd seen one somewhere, but I can't seem to find one. Is there/was there anyone that built them?
    And since our leaves are so D@MN long, as well I can't find lift springs either....If I have to, I'll run a flip kit, but I'd rather use springs, get rid of this nasty 5" block and not have to worry about towing losses
    Bu:confused: eller? Anyone?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
  2. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

How big of springs do you want? Theres 5.5" ones from pro crap, and other companies like full throttle and atlas make big springs.

3. SubYuman

SubYuman 1/2 ton status

Looks like its a flip kit or nothing at this point.

With money being tight so close to the move, I guess I'll be going with the flip kit...
    I should be sending the order by TUesday next week, along with a new set of body bushings...
    I am down to 7 violations on my safety...
    1) Loose battery hold down
    2)Need rear mud flaps
    3)Proof of DOT certification on the Goodride stainless lines Fabtech sold me
    4)Need to remove my wifes rank sticker and her old squadron sticker from the front windshield (blocks my view of my hood!! WTF?)
    5)reposition the driver side brake line, too close to the spindle
    6)Get a current registration, which I can't do before I pass a safety inspection, which I can't do because I need this Reconstructed Vehicle inspection sticker, which I can't do without a registration...Hawaii is so BACKWARDS!!!!
    7) I have to have my SUburban reclassified as a multi-purpose vehicle instead of a 4 door station wagon, which it was orginially classified as.... Station Wagon?
    SO after waiting 2.75 years and dropping $2500 on the suspension and two new tires, next week I will be able to pass recon (after getting the clearance papers from them, doing a state safety inspection, going to the DMV, getting a new registration, going back to the safety inspector for the safetystickers, then to the RECON inspector for his sticker, then finally back to the DMV to show them proof of recon, then to the front gate of the base to get base decals, all to put it on the boat in late May to float back to Carson California, then Edwards AFB, by way of the San Franciso Bay Area to visit family and friends).

4. SubYuman

SubYuman 1/2 ton status

Still looking...

FOr a dual shock kit from a 88-98 4wd. Everything seems to mount the same....