Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear dual shock kit

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BozoWise, Jun 20, 2002.

1. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

What kind of rear dual shock kits are you guys using on your k5? I would like to look at some for a reference on how I am going to build mine. I was thinking of something similar to what 55willys is building but with 4 shocks on it.

2. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I don't remember how to get to the pic, but he does (or has) made that setup using 4 shocks. PM him for more info.

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Yes I did make a 4 shock kit, it was my original plan for the Willy's til all these wild hairs grew,LMAO.

I can't link from webshots so you have to click and view it for yourself..damn pop ups... pic of dual shocks

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Is there really any benefit to dual shocks in back? Won't it just ride stiffer? (unless they're adjustable, where it'd be kinda nice because the shocks won't get too hot on you)

5. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

Well if you turn the shocks inward at a steep angle they aren't as effective at dampening, so putting dual shocks inboard would make the vehicle ride roughly the same as using a single shock in the stock location....Or somethin' like that /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif