Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear electric window question?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Jun 2, 2002.

I took my inner tailgate panel off the other day (the tail gate was down)and noticed that the window "does not" catch while I rolled the window to the up position. But, when I have the tail gate closed and try to roll the window up, it catches about 3/4 of the way up? I was trying to locate the part that it catches on to fix it, but I don't know what to look for now? Anybody else have the same problem?

Thanks for the help!

1. YtseJam

YtseJam 1/2 ton status

What do you mean catch? I do not understand what you are saying?

2. When I say catch, I am saying that the window stops and will not go up any further, unless I push in on the top of the window while rolling it up. I was hoping someone else has had the same window symptoms.

Thanks!

3. sinchphoto

sinchphoto 1/2 ton status

i had this happent to me before. the window was off track. make sure both sides of the window are on track and slide all the way. hope this helps.

4. Mingler

Mingler Registered Member

Your issue sounds EXACTLY like the problem i had.
    If your tail gate is at all compressed (dented) in the inside middle somewhere, there is a very good chance that the window ledge (Bottom of the window) is catching on the motor. When your window is going up push on it gently (from the outside) and it will go up the rest of the way. To fix it requires pulling out the dented section with a crow bar or a dent puller.

I'd almost put money on that one!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif