Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear End Problem solved rear glass question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by texsub, Jan 19, 2007.

1. texsub

texsub Registered Member

Well I solved the problem my suburban 10b rear. I bought a running K5 for $500. Now I need to know do suburban roll up rear windows fit removable top K5s. The back glass is broken in the K5. I know of a sub glass I can trade for. My sub has barn doors and I will put it back on the road eventually.

2. Chrisblazzer89

Chrisblazzer89 1/2 ton status

If i remember from old post you CAN'T

3. texsub

texsub Registered Member

Thanks your reply was a big help. I had not made the final deal on the truck. When I arrived to make the final deal I found that was only one of the problems that would have sent the cost of a running $500 to well over $1200 just to get it drivable. It wasn't even a complete parts truck as the Xfer case was missing and a 2wd trans was in it w/the full time front axle still there. The list goes on.

4. stumblefoot

stumblefoot Registered Member

how bad was the body frame? $500 what year K5? where is it? got a ph #?

5. texsub

texsub Registered Member

Body rear fenders rusted hood ruined dent in driver door. Frame ok. year 74-76. location Littlefield Tx. northwest of Lubbock. No title, said he could get it but he was not completly truthful about other things. I have a number. If anyone wants it I'll give it. It wont sell for a while been sitting for 6 months. In that condition I wasn't willing to pay more than the 12b rear was worth.