Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear end sag

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mikeperez22, Jun 19, 2004.

1. mikeperez22

mikeperez22 Registered Member

I'd like to lift the entire Blazer about 2". The rear end seams a lot lower when you look at it from the side. I'd like to avoid using blocks if possible. Does anyone make a 3" spring kit for the rear. I could then use a 2" on the front. The other option is to use a 1" on the front. Anyone make that? Thanks.

2. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    The body line of the 1st gen's will fool your eye.
    The front wheel-wel is larger than the rear as well as the contour of the body slopes down.

Are you sure the rear end is sagging?
    Put a level on the bed rail and see if it actually is or not.

3. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

probably your best bet is to go with a 4" lift rear and a 2" lift front spring, then add a 1" ORD Zero-Rate spring to the front to even it all out and make it look right.

Here is the link to ORD...
    http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/Zero%20Rates.htm

If you dont want that much lift, then you can put a 2" spring lift on the front and rear then add the 1" Zero-Rate to the rear and that will even it out (this is what I did, but will be swapping to the above lift as soon as $$ permits)

4. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Ive got 4" TCI EZ rides up front, 6" TCI in rear plus a zero rate and my back end is still a little low. Like was mentioned use a level on the bed rail instead of only going by look but the bottom line is you want it to look right. I'd recommend going with whatever front spring you want first, after installation jack up the rear until its where you want it and measure how much lift you need, otherwise you are shooting in the dark as you wont know how much new springs will raise your truck above what it is now. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif