Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear end sag?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nad, Mar 25, 2006.

1. nad

nad 1/2 ton status

What's the best way to remedy slight rear end sagging with a 4" lift without making the rear stand higher than the front? I know there are probably several different ways, but I'd like to know the cheapest, easiest, and best working/looking. Thanks guys.

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

ORD Zero rates
    or a set of add a leafs will bring it up but it will make the suspention stiffer.

0 rates wont change your spring ratio.

3. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Like Thunder says. But if you don't need that amount of lift you can just buy a piece of flat bar the right thickness, drill a hole through it and bolt it to the spring pack. (radius the ends like ORD do). ORD's ones are great if you want to relocate the axle though. You may well need longer through bolts. Many companies sell them (like Explorer ProComp) or if you have access to a lathe just get a good quality bolt long enough and turn the head down to a peg to fit your axle location hole (that's what do as they're so easily available over here).

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I added two more leaves from another spring pack, brought the rear up to level, and also firmed it up some to help with the "squishy" bouncy rear ride. :D