Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear end went boom(need quick resoponse)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FatBoyBlazer, Dec 3, 2001.

1. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

........i popeed it into drive and it went boom, and then didn't move, so i called triple a, i was only within like 2 minutes walking distance from my house anyways. i pulled the diff cover and parts started to fall out, well that can't be good. luckily i was after i went to the trail and not while in the woods, so now i'm in search of a 14FF with 3.73 gears so when i run my 33's and so they'll match the ones up front, will it be ok to run 3.73 with 35's????????

hola<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by FatBoyBlazer on 12/04/01 11:20 AM.</FONT></P>

2. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Re: rear end went boom

BOOM.
    My rear end does that all the time. Then the little woman tells me to get out of the house.

There is another guy looking for 14FF 3.73s at the moment. I have a whole diff in Ca.

Dave

Horn Broken... Watch For Finger.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Daves-Pics>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Daves-Pics</a>

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I've got a 3.73 ring and pinion for a 14-bolt. Cheap! If ya need 'em... But for 35's I run 4.10's or 4.56's.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

4. FatBoyBlazer

would it be alright to run 4.10 on the rear and 3.73 just in the snow or on a slic road

hola

5. HarryH3

That would make it handle really strange. The front end would be trying to go faster than the rear end. [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>

6. FatBoyBlazer

there was some talk about burn outs, what would spin the 33's better 4.10 or 3.73

hola

7. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

then your t-case might go boom to match the rear end...minute differences (4.09 4.11) are fine. when it gets into tenths it gets bad...or so i am told...

-zakk

'77 1-Ton K5

[​IMG] CK5's MOAB 2002 OR BUST!! [​IMG]

8. HarryH3

4.10's would make it easier to light 'em up. 3.73's would make 'em spin faster for a given engine speed. [​IMG]

9. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I would just go ahead and get a 4.10 or 4.56 (if you have O/D). You might think about running 33's in front and 35's in the rear and only using 4wd if you get stuck. You would be less likely to mess up the xfer that way (it might look cool too[​IMG]).

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

10. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

or you could do it right, same size tire and same ratio. 35's i would not go smaller than 4.10. i would personaly recomend 4.10 if you have a stick. for an auto i would go with 4.56.
    Grant

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in Yuma Arizona if ya got any parts for me.

11. FatBoyBlazer

the only reason that i need 4wd for now is the winter(i live in new england), i think that i'm gonna get the 4.56 rear end because i've alreardy located one, it's for 250 bucks.is that a good price, it's also out of a c30 so would that still be OK?? then mabey in the spring i'll get a dana 60 if i can afford it

hola

12. FatBoyBlazer

ttt

hola