Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear-Ended while going 70? WTF!?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by EDdaTREE, Jan 8, 2004.

1. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

I just got tagged while doing 70 on the turnpike by a sleepy Jersey college kid who was going at least 85! After my '91 Jeep YJ settled back on all 4's and after some prodigious swerving and swearing...we all got safely off to the side. His Honda Civic took about 3 grand worth of damage and was barely drivable. The kid told the Trooper he left Jersey at 8 A.M. after 2 hours sleep, headed for Illinois!! How much smartness is THAT!? Coulda KILLED my ass from driving tired!! GRRRR! Now I get to miss a day's pay and visit the hospital after getting my bell rung! Jeep didn't take too much damage, gotta love having a frame mounted hitch. DON'T DRIVE TIRED!!

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that sucks /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif glad your ok though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Great to hear that you are ok. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

wow, at least everyone is ok /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

That sucks dude! Glad you're ok. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I can relate however.. I was running up I-95 up here in VA and got rear ended at 75 by some kid racing in his F**d probe. He had blue neons flashing in the window. (a big no-no in VA). He totalled his car and I got a new bumper outta the deal. Cop said he was running at least 110. His license was revoked entirely for 3 years. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Now with this bad boy I had someone rear end me in the snow, and the guy did 2500 in damage to his honda, and I wiped the blue paint off my bumper. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[​IMG]

John

6. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

My left rear tire has blue paint all over it too. It was busy chewing off the right front corner of that Honda. I'm just gonna fix the little damage on the Jeep myself and pocket the insurance to make up for the trouble and lost money.

7. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

Gladja didn't get hurt, how come you were going so slow? LOL!

8. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

That sucks, good your not hurt though. Thats the one thing about my K-5. I dont think I could ever fall asleep while driving it. Its too bouncy and takes too much concentration cause its all over the road. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    -Harrison

9. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Thats the one thing about my K-5. I dont think I could ever fall asleep while driving it

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe me, if you dont get enough sleep your body will take it from you no matter what. It starts to affect you like driving drunk at that point and you lose motor skill control and coordination. Doesnt matter what you are driving.

I once drove in a convoy at JRTC after staying up all day/night with no sleep (they kept promising to let the drivers sleep before we left at 2am though, just get those radios working). I was in both ditches on both sides of the road. My co-driver just couldnt get any sleep for some reason though. He kept waking me up every time I started off the road. Didnt matter that the HMMV had a noisy engine, noisy unbalanced 37" retreads...

10. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Ya here in Cali you can get a stiffer fine and suspension for driver tired than for driving under the influence.

11. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

What did he do? Fall asleep with his foot on the gas further than usual?

12. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Believe me, if you dont get enough sleep your body will take it from you no matter what. It starts to affect you like driving drunk at that point and you lose motor skill control and coordination. Doesnt matter what you are driving.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. i came home from a party about 5:30 am once, i was all over the road on the way home. scared the hell outta me. i drove a golfcart with a buzz once (golf course was wondering how that cart ended up stuck and abandoned in a sandtrap) and this was just as bad. except i was going 55-60mph rather than 6mph. i think here in NC, if you havent slept in 20 hours, its illegal for you to drive. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

13. crawlink5

crawlink5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to work shift work and driving home the next morning I never had symtoms like driving drunk. I just fell straight to sleep bypassing everything in between. Always on top of the Mississippi River bridge for some reason. There is a point where you don't care if you fall asleep or not.