Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear extended brake line??? calling all people with 5 or 6" of lift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 78Suburban, Jul 25, 2006.

1. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

I installed an echobit shackle filp and netted around 5.5" of lift in the rear of my burb. I've bent the little metal bracket that connects the hard line in running down the chassis to the rubber line. Bending the bracket may have given me 1" more play in the line back there. When I dropped my rear axle with the tires removed to install my shims, the rubber brake line stretched out like nothing I've every seen. Hopefully its still air tight.

I'm not worried about the brake line length flexing, but When both tires drop from hitting a big bump, is my stock line gonna rip off?

Who all with a rear shackle flip or 5" lift has their stock rear rubber brake line? Had any problems with it? Who has used an extended line back there, and what is the part number? Where did you get it and will it work with my 14ff.

Sorry for assaulting yall with so many noob questions, but If I do need an extended rear line, I wanna get it before I bleed by brake system.

thanks,
    James

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I had to get extensions. I forgot the part number, but a quick search and you should find it.

3. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

ha ha, I'm an idiot, I guess I need to start searching more often :doah:

the second post down in "post your part numbers":
    Rear extended brake hose Napa part #4138068

So I'm assuming this hose will work with the hardline and 14ff fitting on my 78 k20.... Anybody know how much longer than stock it is? Anybody know the price? I'll have to put it on my list when i go to buy parts. :D

thanks,
    James

4. VRietscha

VRietscha Newbie

Napa Hose

The hose you questioned about retails for $14.27 at the NAPA I work at. I would personally go with the part # 38068. Same exact hose, retails for $16.99 and is about twice the quality of the 4138068. Also, the economy line of hoses is being obseleted at all NAPA's. The 38068/4138068 is 18.25" in length compared to the stock length of 14.68".

5. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

superlift makes braided stainless hoses, either 6 inches longer than stock or 10 inches longer. they are around $70. got mine at the local speed shop. look better and retain pressure better than rubber lines. more durable offroad also. a stray branch can rip right through a rubber line.

6. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I run the Superlift line which is 10" longer then stock. Works fine and just order it for your year truck and it will be fine with the 14ff.