Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear floor board replacement

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TheEmissary, Mar 28, 2002.

1. TheEmissary

TheEmissary Registered Member

I have an 81 Blazer, where the LH rear floor section is rusted out, and noticed in the parts catalogs, there are no replacement sheetmetal for 78-91 Blazer/Jimmies with a rear passenger footwell.

I have snapped digital pics of the damaged floor section, which will have to be sliced and replaced with fresh sheetmetal. Anyone have a wrecked Blazer with mint floors (has to be 78-91) with the lowered rear floor section.

2. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I just had a guy do mine, but I know there are a couple of guys on here that have done it themselves... PM riz... I know he has some really good pics

3. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

This is what my truck looked like when I took up my carpet and what I did to fix it. Ask me if you have any questions or need help. <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/album/22742026nbhEtBOZnc>http://community.webshots.com/album/22742026nbhEtBOZnc</a>

Ben 87 Jimmy
    <font color=blue>Rust=Bad</font color=blue>

4. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Are you talking about where the rear passenger's feet go? Mine was the worst I had every seen, still gives me chills. I did a floor swap and cut out that bad area you were mentioning. Then I fabbed up some 1/8" box tubing for the subframe for the floor. Then I just got some sheet metal, did some measuring and made some carboard templates and welded in the new pieces.

I have the side panel for the rear are you were talking about. Its an OEM GM piece still in the box. I changed the shape of the floor a little and the piece for the other side is no longer available, so I didn't use it. If you want, I'll sell it to you for like $15. Its galvanized and has the bolt for the seat belt and all that good stuff. Still in the original box too!

5. TheEmissary

TheEmissary Registered Member

E-mail me with a pic of the piece in question. Mine is OK, except where the extension overlaps over the rear passenger footwell.

I was considering parting out the Blazer, and repairing the floor with a MIG welder should be an alternative.