Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear floor/tail pan and or rear end for blazer in rochester

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by bryguy00b, Apr 29, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hi
    i just removed my tail gate on the balzer i just got and found out that i need a whole new rear floor bourds and tailpan! yaaayy! LOL.and actually the front two need replacing to! any one have anything that would come in use to me in rochester N.Y? if you do..reply ill be checkin!

thanx!-Bryan

2. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

gm sells the rear floor/ tail pan complete. Thats what I did when I replaced my floor, I went to a dealer, got the part number then went to http://community.webshots.com/album/22742026nbhEtBOZnc So if you can't find a good used floor, hopefully you can go this route. Hope I helped.
    Ben 87 Jimmy
    <font color=blue>Rust=Bad</font color=blue>

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

wow nice pics and detail.. your tail pan is better than mine..(your old one) lol. .i opened up my tailgate today and there IS NO pan left at all..just a little were the seized up hinges are on..and they are just about fallnig of..i couldnt even get it to close back up..so right now its sitting out in my driveway wiht bungy cords holding it up wiht some tarps over the back..getting ready to replace the tailgate..cuase i allready got one..(this is my first vehicle)..and my dads liek.."oh just take a peice of sheet medal and throw it in there..dotn go throwing a lot of money into it" loo..im liek no..im going to do this once and do this the rihgt way! or nothing! lol..

Bryan-later-thanx

4. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

Yea, if you go new, you are looking at about 800 or so bucks for everything to your door from that site. You will want to get the wheel wells to save yourself time and agrivation like I did. If you end up getting something and need tips PM me, RIZ, BOSS, Yunit, Blazerboy, and others because we've all done it before. Good luck man.
    Ben 87 Jimmy

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

what do you mean would have to get the wheel wells so save trouble..why would that be?

thanx-Bryan

6. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

The wheel wells are orig. welded to the floor. They also like to rot at that seam. So after you drill out the spot welds and clean off the rust, you probally won't have much of a lip to put to your new floor. I just bought new wheel wells and bolted instead of welding them to my floor. If you look at the pictures you'll see the new wheel wells and how I bolted them up.
    Ben 87 Jimmy

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ahh ok i see what your saying..thanx..yea i just toko out my back seat and al lthe carpet..man that floor is some big sh*t!! lol..new floors and tialpan i need the most!!..of course a 16 year old kid on a tight budget is going to have to make some cheapo fixes tll i get the moeny! lol..time to throw down the old sheet medal! lol..

Bryan

8. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

Well, I did it as a 17 year old kid on a pretty tight budget too. It's possible to do if you save up and do all the work yourself /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Ben 87 Jimmy

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea well thats what i plan to do..right now im just getting it up and running ood enough to drive.. as this is my first vehicle so im not ganna be all that picky as im lucky to even have a vehicle at this age! lol....but i will probobly find some panals and tailpan for it soon......but i just happend to be staring at the back of my dads 79 pickup..and my blazer was right next to it..and we were taking my tailgate of..and i just happned to think how they looked just the same..and the floor bolts were in the same place ..and i just need something good and solid to bolt my tailgate to!! cuase theres ISNT anything to bolt it to right now .lol

Bryan