Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear footwell panel replacement

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by erik59, Mar 20, 2006.

1. erik59

erik59 Registered Member

First off I have searched and haven't found any clear answers regarding this. What I am wondering is if there is a replacement panel that is made for my 89 Jimmy or if this is going to be a custom job. The panel is where the seatbelt attaches near the rear passengers footwell. I have called LMC and they say that they don't carry it. I can get all of the other panels that I need, but I can't seem to find this one anywhere. Again it is the panel where the lowerpart of the seatbelt attaches to the rear passengers footwell area. If there is no replacement panels available does anyone have any pics of a custom job that was done. Thanks in advance.

Erik

2. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Man... that's just weird timing. I just pulled my interior apart about two hours ago and ran into the same problem. Chevy Duty doesn't have them, either.
    It's a flat panel, so I'm probably going to end up just fabricating something.

3. yoshisv

yoshisv 1/2 ton status

I figured someone makes a replacement since this is a common place for rust. Mine was so bad that i literaly pulled the seat belt out of the wall with one hand. I made a new piece out of sheet metal, And am putting in 5 point harness's.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Have you talked with a GM dealer?

Likelihod of them selling just that piece, and it still being available are pretty slim, but I know the parts manual does list parts like floorpan, etc.

If I had it here I'd look it up for you. :(

5. erik59

erik59 Registered Member

a roomate of mine works at a dealership and he is checking on it for me today. Will see if it is even a dealer part and if they still make it.

Erik

6. erik59

erik59 Registered Member

no luck so far

Well, he got back from work today and told me some disappointing news. The part has been discontinued. He didn't get the name of the part or the part # cause he forgot, but he is going to check on it again tomorrow. Hopefully on this wonderful thing we cal the internet it can be found somewhere. Any help woud be greatly appreciated.

Erik

7. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

yeah, you wont find that in GM sheetmetal, unless its in some guys barn or something... take a peek thru the body shop forum for posts on floor replacements. theres a post in there about those rear panels.. i've never noticed them available, just the fronts, but someone said they where available with a part #...

8. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I've always had to make mine. Use heavy sheetmetal! Remember, your seat belt is attached to it! I reuse the original seat belt nut. just grind it clean and weld it to the "new" panel. You can use the interior carpet to locate the hole for the seatbelt bolt.

9. outsider223

outsider223 1/2 ton status

I had the same issue. I ended up fabbing up a new piece out of some 16 ga sheet metal.

Its amazing how little there is to hold in the seatbelt!!

10. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

It does make a guy consider just welding a rollbar to the frame and bolting 5-point harnesses to that instead.