Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear ford bumper work on a 87 chevy?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JohnHenryDoe, Dec 30, 2005.

1. JohnHenryDoe

JohnHenryDoe Registered Member

My rear bumper is bent real bad after a brake mishap that sent me inbetween a school bus and garbage truck. Luckily rear quarter and bumper were only thing harmed. Anyway, I have a 91 f-150 4x4 bumper that I would like to use for the bent up one on my 87 Gmc SB v1500. Looking at ones from JcWhitneys; they look real close. Anyone have any idea if they will interchange?:confused:

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Probably not a bolt up, but anything could be made to work. I've seen Furd bumpers on chevy's before. All it takes is a little inginuity and a little fab work.

3. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Is this the style of rear bumper you have?

http://community.webshots.com/photo/41363667/67654059CzAuAO

I took this Ford bumper (missing it's brackets) and used the stock Chevy straight brackets and drilled a couple holes in the right spots, and the center mounting portion of this Ford bumper was the same width as the Chevy frame ('87 should be the same as my '76 in width).