Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear glass, glue in or ??

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by sled_dog, Jan 6, 2007.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Anyone know, on a 97 Chevy 2500 is the rear glass glue in or what? I want to replace my back window. One of the slider windows was broken a few years ago and I've never replaced it. A piece of bad fitting plexi glass is in there right now, which works to keep some of the elements out, but I just want to get rid of the slider all together and get a solid rear window.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

new body went all glue in style.:mad: sorry i love our older ones with the rubber gasket and zip strip. :D

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah, though it always got messed up for me(though what can you expect from a 20 year old rubber seal?).

I will just call the auto glass guys we use at work. Get one of them to do it on the side, it will probably cost me about as much as going to some store and buying the glass would normally.

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

gluing them is a PITA, you dont want to do it yourself. pay someone else to do it, that way when they get adhesive on your interior, they have to pay to deal with it, not you. :haha:

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Like I said, I'm sure it will be like $100-150 to get it done for me, so **** it I'll just pay them to do it.