Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear greasable bushings

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by smokkey1, Jan 15, 2005.

1. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

hi, I just got done swaping in all rear greasable bushings but the bushings for the rear shackles don't fit there too small for the 1 1/2 bushings that I installed. so I need two 1 3/8 bushings and was wondering if you would just sell the two. I'm going to keep the extra for replacements.

thanks,
    justin

Last edited: Jan 16, 2005
  2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Yup, call us and we'll get you squared away. Bushing size problems are common on these trucks we do it all the time.

3. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

thanks, I called monday and ordered the 2 bushings.

4. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

Tell me about it, i went through three different sets before i got the right ones! ORD took care of me though and now I got the right ones:D Thanks Stephen!

5. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

I had to go through it twice also, Steve took care of me.

6. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

well I didn't realize that I had to take out the outer sleaves out:doah: so turns out I need 1 3/4" bushings so I'm thinkin the rear springs are 1 tons :thinking: that's probably why my rear doesn't sag and sits slighty higher than the front. anyways they should be comming in tommorrow.

7. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

What year is this truck? Mine is a '89 and it has 1.7" bushings and not 1.75", I think they said something about them being a metric size? I first got the 1.5" which were too small so I measured the spring eyes and they apeared to be 1.75 so I ordered those and they were slightly to big so I then had to order the 1.7". But anyway if your truck is one of the later years I be you have the 1.7's also.

8. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

well its a 90'. hopefully it's not the metric size.

9. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

well I got the bushings this morning and they don't fit :doah: turns out I need the metric size bushings. so I called them this moring and got squared away they should be here on tuesday. man this was suppose to be an weekend project turns out to be almost 3 weeks. LOL

10. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

Yeah dont worry about it, these trucks are weird. I have had 4 different rigs over the years and it has never took me more than a weekend to install a lift, I pulled my '89 in the shop on Dec.1st and it is still in there! It is in driving condition now but I have a SEVERE vibration now that I think is the rear driveshaft:confused: and I only installed a 4" lift! Good luck with the bushings.

11. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

We're working on some better info to help ID the bushings in these trucks, unfortunately a 1.7 bushing is pretty close to a 1.75 so it's tough to measure them out. Moral of the story is if you have a later model truck, like '88-up, measure very carefully.

12. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

ok I got the bushings this mourning and they FIT. I'm so happy :D now I can got out and play this weekend.

13. mightywhitey_k5

mightywhitey_k5 Registered Member

Ya i instaled an entire supperlift in a day brake lines and all by my self not to mention. and had a terable driveshaft vib. i temp. took care of this by lowering the trans. case by reversing the shims. you should do this immedatly or pay the consiquence of f ing up your tail shaft.