Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear K20 or K30 Driveshaft

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Resurrection_Joe, May 4, 2004.

1. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I officialy need a two joint, 1350 at both ends, normal slip, 60 inch from center of cap to center of cap....

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have one from a 78 K20 not sure on which joints it has on the ends? I'l meaure it tonight or in the morning. How's $25 plus the ride?

3. Resurrection_Joe

Do you just keep selling me everything?

Price is fine

If it has the right joints but the wrong length I'll still buy it, well maybe, I'll see how much a retube is

EVERYONE ELSE: I'M STILL LOOKING COULD USE A SPARE! EVEN IF THIS ONE WORKS OUT

4. MTBLAZER89

Ok still not sure about the joints it was between a 14BFF and a fixed yoke 203. Length is 56" collapsed 58.5" extended. Slip is in good shape. Let me know /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. Resurrection_Joe

Hrmmmmmm, can you measure the caps on the shaft, and make sure all the caps are similar?

6. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

k30 shaft out of an 85 lwb... has the 208 spline on the front included...truck had only 2k miles on it... yes 2000 miles...(military auction) not sure if kennyw gets your way on his road trips,,, if so 25 and his delivery fee
    dont want to ship otherwise
    I have no other parts.... this is the last thing left from parting it out... its been sitting hidden in one of my storage containers and I just saw it the other day

7. MTBLAZER89

axle side caps are 1 3/16" and T-case end are 1 1/16"

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. Resurrection_Joe

Hey thanks a lot for taking the time but if the U joints aren't the same I can't use them

9. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

I've got a shaft out of a shortbed, was between a 14 bolt full floater and a 205. Will check ujoints and length tonight.

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If he doesn't want it, I'll take it if the price is right. I'm the proud owner of a shortbed with a 205 and 14 bolt myself so a spare shaft could work out great. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I'd sell ya my K30's rear shaft but it was a two piece shaft so it'd do you no good.

The above shaft with a 1310 on the slip and 1350 at the axle end can easily be made all 1350 with the slip yoke from a 3/4 ton or 1 ton without too much effort at all.

11. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

the 203 k20 trucks were commonly like that with two sizes of U joints, you usually wont find one with same u joints on both ends, i have had quite a few 73-80 k20 203 trucks and they have all been this way including this 79 out here right now, thats just how they are, and also most all of them run 56" light rear springs setup but with HD 3 leaf front packs and sway bar heavy front setup, very wierd odd combo but it is what GM did in the 70s on this particular model,

good luck