Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Leaf Spring Bushings???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by PattBlue, Aug 1, 2000.

1. PattBlue

PattBlue Registered Member

How hard is it to replace my rear leaf spring Bushings..my 90 Blazer is leaning to the Left and is CLUNKING when I stop. I've changed the U-Joints, rear Pinion and seal and greased and lubed everything and still..CLUNK!!

2. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

well if its leaning to the left, I'd think that your springs are sacked. And if thats the case, you might wanna check your driveshafts. make sure they arent bottoming out and running out of play in the splines. If so, that'll surely cause the clunk your hearing.

3. istallion88k5

istallion88k5 1/2 ton status

I had this problem on my 88 K5, it ended up being the bushing on the shock it self on the rear driver side, went ahead and bought all new Rancho shocks since it needed them anyway and no more problems after that.

If it aint a Chevy don't raise it up!

4. PattBlue

PattBlue Registered Member

Well there's new shocks all the way around..so??? Driveshaft is bottoming? The is alot of it that sticks out from the transfer case and a buddy of mine works for a dealer and gave me some "GM Special Purpose Grease" to lube up the front yoke (which has some grooves in it). I'll try that next.