Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear leaf spring ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DALE, Mar 4, 2001.

1. DALE

DALE Registered Member

i have a rancho 4in susp lift on my 90 blazer with 4in blocks in the rear with the stock springs. today i broke a leaf on the right rear.i am thinking about getting all new rear leafs and get rid of the lift blocks.what brand leaf springs are the best for a 4in lift.what should i do about rear sag should i go with a 5in leaf lift? what length are the leaf springs.what bushings are the best for the leaf springs? can you guys help i am not sure what to do

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I would get new stock springs and get the ORD 4in shackel flip kit and a 1inch 0 rate lift block. You can probably get the springs in a junkyard cheap and with the flip it should ride better than 4 in rear springs. Just my $.02 worth.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html>http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html</A>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails[​IMG]</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Wayne</font color=blue>

3. BUDDY

BUDDY 1/2 ton status

Or you could got to the junkyard to get your "new" rear springs and while there pick up the front hanger for those leafs. What you do then is to remove your rear spring rear hanger and put the front, rear spring hanger in the back. Flip your shackle and there you go. A junkyard 4" rear lift for under 100 bucks. Just make sure that the shackle won't be able to invert itself and bend the spring. Just mount it so that the shackle is leaning forward about a 1/2-1" and you shouldn't have any problems.

My .02

Buddy

I've got my dream truck and it's a 72 K-5 that is getting there!!