Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear leaves: Procomp vs. Tuff Country

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 79Beast, Dec 22, 2002.

1. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I have a 79 K10 with D60/FF14, Detroits and 5.13's on both ends. In the front, I run 8" Skyjacker springs to clear 44" TSL's. In the rear I currently have factory 56" leaves with and ORD shckle flip and 4" blocks. I have the leaves backwards from the factory orientation to move my rear axle back 4". I am debating whether to buy the 4" lift Procomp springs for $260 with my 10% discount or 4" Tuff Country for $360 wiht 15% off shipping. Is anyone running these springs? I will not be carrying any really heavy loads or towing. Does anyone know the spring rates? I'm really tempted to buy the Procomps just because of the cheaper price. What is your input? Thanks in advance!

2. Joe T

Joe T Registered Member

The Pro comps will be stiff as bricks.
    Have you tried looking at BDS?
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Call any fairly close 4X4 shops to price BDS. ( Local 4X4 shops = no shipping /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif ) My local 4X4 shop has the 6" lift BDS rear springs for $320.00 , So the ones for the 4" lift should be cheaper.

4. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I haven't looked at BDS yet, where could I get them? Thanks for the input. Anyone running Procomp rears?

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

6. morphed86k10

morphed86k10 1/2 ton status

I've been running the 4inch lift 56" rear Tuff Country's for a few weeks now. It's a definite improvement over the stock K30 leaves and a 4 inch block in both axle control and ride comfort. I remember talking to Stephen Watson and he said the TC catalog quotes the 56" springs at around 540ish, while the 52" were about 520. I don't really pay attention to the quotes though because they don't take into consideration the shackle characteristics. Subjectively, they are softer than the K30 packs (i.e. I actually saw one of my rear tires MOVE while wheeling) but a little stiffer than half ton packs. Then again, I haven't really broke them in all that much, they could soften up some more.

7. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the advice. I wheeled my current setup pretty hard on Christmas eve....I may be putting off getting Tuff Country springs in favor of a Redneck Ram. The money is similar and my rear springs performed fairly well. I still need to wheel them in an environment with more traction to see how much axlewrap I get. It was pretty muddy, but I didn't notice any. Thanks for your input. How many leaves do your Tuff Countrys have?