Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear lift blocks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by baldk5, Mar 31, 2002.

1. baldk5

baldk5 Registered Member

Hi, ive been away for a while, i just bought a new house and my internet access has been limited. I have a question about something that has already been answered but im gonna ask anyway. I lifted my blazer 4" using tapered blocks in the rear. I have 10 bolt axles and i lengthened the rear driveshaft. My problem is that the rear u-joints are running at a crazy angles.I have to replace the driveshaft soon, but before I do that (heres my question) what is the best/cheapest way to fix my u-joint problem? I forgot to mention that i have a 700R-NP241(its a 1990). Any help will be appriciated, thx.

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Lower the Tcase. Also you said you put in tapered blocks. That should have helped your drive line angles, unless they got installed backwards. If they are installed backward they will hurt your angle.

3. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

Your angle shouldn't be bad with a 4 inch. What brand of lift did you install. Maybe your blocks are backwards if your angles are really bad.