Rear lift, Springs or Flip?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by evilandangry, Jan 31, 2003.

1. evilandangry

evilandangry 1/2 ton status

Dec 29, 2002
    I am currently faced with a small problem and would like some feedback. I will be replacing the 2.5 in lift in my blazer with a 4 inch lift. The original kit is a 2.5 BDS with custom STOCK replacement rears. They should have been lift springs but I did not notice the mistake until the truck came off the lift!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    I will not make that mistake again, so the choise I have is to keep the rears that I have and use a ord shackle flip, or to replace the springs with 2 new 4 inch lift springs from BDS.
    Has anyone run both at one time or the other? How to you think they will compare (flex, ride, towing). The cost is a wash so that is not a factor. I do some medium rocks, fire trails and light towing if it makes any difference.

Thanks for the input! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
  2. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Apr 10, 2002
    I would do the echobit shackle flip, seems cheap and easy to do and I'm pretty sure it will improve the trucks wheeling capabilities more than a a new spring pack. If you do a lot of towing the springpack might be better.