Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear lift springs

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by roadhouse66, Aug 6, 2002.

1. roadhouse66

roadhouse66 Registered Member

Hey guys getting read to do my lift and axles on the Burby. I bought some slightly used 4" front springs with new Rancho shocks and steering arm off a buddy. He didn't have the 4" blocks for the rear, and my stock springs and bushings are soooo bad back there I wouldn't want to do a shackle flip either. I want to get some good 4" lift rear springs....who has the good ones at a good price? Will 4" springs in the rear still make the Burby sit ass low? Should I go with 6" springs in the rear? Thanks for the help.

2. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

With my 4" four spring Rough Country lift the rear actually sits a little higher than the front. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

I know a guy who put 6" springs on the rear of his burb 6 months ago and the back still sits higher with no sag. I bet the 4" would look level.

4. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

MYSELF I HAVE A 6 INCH FRONT AND REAR AND MY TAIL IS STILL THE SAME AS WHEN i INSTALLED. I USED SUPERLIFT SOFT RIDES IN THE REAR AND IF IT EVER SAGS I'LL BUY A 1 IN BLOCK KIT. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

My truck came with 4" Rancho springs up front, and 4" blocks in the rear. It sat level, until I started towing, so I put 6" Tuff country springs on the rear. It sits about 2" higher in the rear, but when I have my boat on the back, and all my coolers in the back it sits level. I am getting ready to step up to 6" in the front and 8" in the rear so I can run 38s . I will find out how it tows then /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

6. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Dan, mine tows fine with 38's and 6" suspension/2" bodylift. If you're getting Super Swampers get the TSL Radials. That's what I have.