Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear lift????

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by FLASHLIGHT76, Sep 11, 2002.

1. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

Ok anyone lift there rear 2" higher then there front. I'm looking at doing this:
    1 to compensate for future sag and added rear weght.
    2 to improve my rear exit angle. I don't realy feel like bobbing the tail.

Big question is how noticeable is it on these trucks? I mean is it going to look getto or will it actually look slick? I'm going to be adding a lot of weight in my new bumper and tire sling out back plus when I'm loaded down she rides low in the tail.

Feed back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Please /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I'm going to be doing the same thing...4" in front and 6" in rear for the same reasons. I've seen a few rigs around here that are this way and they really don't look that bad.

3. steve_sm1

steve_sm1 Registered Member

what size burb 1/2 or 3/4? My 3/4 has 4" springs all around no blocks and the front settled the rears are
    as high as the day i put them in 5 years ago. so I don't think it whould be a good idea just my $.02

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i don't see anything wrong with having 2 different lift heights, i have 5" front and 4" rear. it sounds like a good idea but i think i would go 4" front and 5" rear, unless that bumper is gonna be that big that you would need it.

5. FLASHLIGHT76

Well It's a combination of things. I have a 3/4 ton and it rides level now. I have 6 inch front and rear. When I put in the D60 the rear the tube size and perch height are alittle bit shorter then the stock axle. So now I ride perfectly level. How ever thats not loaded for wheelin. I was looking at the zero rated 1" add a leaf from off road designs. That might be just right to compensate for bumper and possible rear winch. I figure with all the added weight I'm adding this ought to work just right. Either way it make my tail a little less vulnerable.

6. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

sounds good to me.

7. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Try it and let us know. You can just put a 2" block for now.
    1. It's cheap
    2. It's easily removed

Right now mine is 7" front and 6" rear and I'm happy with it. The rear overhang hasn't been a real problem yet. I think the 38" TSL's help.

8. FLASHLIGHT76

Yeah something about tires larger then life will have that effect. The thing I hate about blocks is that I have wedges in there also and I'm sure I'd spit something out on the trail. I'll deffinately let you guys know when I do it.

9. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

if you have to, go with a tapered block