Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear lift?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jess, Mar 16, 2004.

1. jess

jess Registered Member

Going with a 4 inch lift and a lot of trimming. Is rear ORD shackle kit the way to go over 4 inch springs in the rear?

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

yes deffinately. you will use your stock springs and be a much smoother ride than lift springs. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Shackle flip all the way! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Everybody talks highly of the shackle flips, yeah they might be a better ride due to using the stock springs, but in my opinion, I personally think they make the rear of the spring hang too low in the rear. I have seen a few rigs with these flip kits, and seen some banged up from hitting on rocks when wheelin or whatever. I personally am going with the spring lift as I kinda need the extra stiffness in the rear anyway. (hmm, that didn't sound right /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif)

Anyway, I would look around before jumping to any conclusions and take alook at other peoples rides and see what you think of their setups.

AGAIN,, just my opinion. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I don't think its that bad if you run the stock shackle and flip it. Aftermarket shackles may take some damage but with factory shackle and springs obstacles should slide on spring and not hit shackle. I think you were meaning Jay's shackles , right? He has a set with dual holes and the extra hangs down. Oh well , I like the ride of both our trucks and the method of lift is entirely different /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    FYI, Shackle Flip, and Towing are not reccomended !

7. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    FYI, Shackle Flip, and Towing are not reccomended !

[/ QUOTE ]

And supposedly is not recommended with lifted springs either,,,,, /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif