Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Main seal

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Toad, Oct 31, 2000.

1. Toad

Toad 1/2 ton status

I'm leaking about a 1/4 quart a day, and I think it is comming from the rear main seal. It is on the very back of the engine and I don't think it is the oil pan. The valve covers don't leak at all. Anyway, what is involved in changing the rear seal.

Toad

2. rich'90

rich'90 1/2 ton status

Depends on if you have a one piece rear main seal or not. What year is your Blazer? One piece is a lot harder.

Go heavy or Go home[​IMG]

3. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

if you have a two piece seal you can drop the pan,take of the rear bearing cap, loosen up ALL the other main caps a good bit and then use the new seal to push out the old one and at the same time your replacing it.!!!simple huh??? this may take a little while,, sounds easier than it is but it's close..
    if you've got a one piece seal then you have to remove the crank, drop the tranny and all that fun stuff....just start prayin'

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]