Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Noise

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RockyRider13, Dec 11, 2001.

1. RockyRider13

RockyRider13 1/2 ton status

Jul 11, 2001
    I had my Blazer in the shop for a while, and when It back I noticed a weird thunking noise in the rear (I think) when I back-up sometimes, and every once in a while while I am driving. It did this once, and the car stalled. It also made a longer whining noise at shut down, coming from the rear, then it used to. Just wondering if any of you had any ideas of what it was. I thought that it might be the fuel pump, cause after I added gass it sounded a little better.

Be a simple, a real simple man
    -Lynyrd Skynyrd
  2. wheelnut46

wheelnut46 1/2 ton status

Nov 27, 2001
    Oh man - your talking about Gas and indescribable noises coming out of the rear - what are we supposed to think?
    Since you didnt mention what it was in the shop for, its a little more difficult to diagnose. Could there be a bad ground on the electric fuel pump? Is there a charcoal canister fuel return canister that could be the culprit?
    A couple ideas but need more info.

'77 GMC Jimmy