Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Power Window Motor Replacement

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by eshorvath, Aug 13, 2003.

1. eshorvath

eshorvath 1/2 ton status

I have found that the power seat motor from GM vehicles work awesome for replacing the worn out rear window motor on the Blazer. You can find them in the junk yards under the driver seat. You would be very lucky to find a motor in the rear tailgate of a blazer anymore. Has anyone else tried this?
    Eddie

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Nope, haven't tried it, but I guess it should work.

How do they mount to the tailgate, and what years/applications for donors?

I've had the tailgate motor apart before, but I can't recall how it's mounted to the tailgate...is it a simple swap?

How about the speed/strength of the motor? Equivalent to the tailgate motor?

3. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

I'm also interested in this as my tailgate window motor just recently crapped out on me. My main concerns would be mounting, speed, and reliablility/life span of the motor. Thanks!

Kris

4. eshorvath

eshorvath 1/2 ton status

The one I used was a 73 Cadilac. Same mounting, BUT the power cord comes out the opposite side as the Blazer does. There are two bolts that hold the stock one in, and the Cadi one has one, so I tapped the second hole. It is as strong, if not stronger, (remeber, it lifts heavy drivers) but the one I have is a little loud.

5. eshorvath

eshorvath 1/2 ton status

The one I used was a 73 Cadilac. Same mounting, BUT the power cord comes out the opposite side as the Blazer does. There are two bolts that hold the stock one in, and the Cadi one has one, so I tapped the second hole. It is as strong, if not stronger, (rememeber, it lifts heavy drivers) but the one I have is a little loud.

6. Greenie

Greenie Registered Member

I got mine from my local parts house. Had to order, but the name is Cardone, I think. Check it out. Piece of cake to install.