Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Power Window

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tiger9297, Aug 5, 2004.

1. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

GM does not sell this motor new. you can get it rebuilt but I have tried 3 different motors and none of them will raise the window. I have a new regulater and new glass. Anyone know where i can get a good motor.

2. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Others will chime in and tell you where to get it from, probably LMC. But personally I would rebuild it myself, it's a free fix if you spend a few hours doing it. I haven't rebuilt my rear window motor but I have torn the side window motors apart. Basically you drill out the rivets, clean up the dried up grease inside, clean the contacts on the motor, flip the motor brushes around (to give you new brushes), put dielectric grease on all the electrical contacts, regrease the gears, and reassemble the case with nuts/bolts.
    Are you sure it's the motor that's bad and not something else like the wiring going to the motor or dirty window tracks? Have you tested the motor by hooking it up to a 12V supply?