Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Radiator

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fourxfugly, Apr 3, 2004.

1. fourxfugly

fourxfugly Newbie

My Rear mounted radiator reuuses to flow water (-16 upper hose 14 ft long, 1 3/4 lower hose). Should I run a thermostat or not? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

Welcome to CK5,
    i would hook up a thermostat. do you have it hooked up correctly, water pump hooked to lower hose on radiator, upper hose to intake? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    fill out your profile so we know what your working on /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. fourxfugly

fourxfugly Newbie

Well, the rig I'm building with the rear radiator started life as a Blazer frame with a tube cage in place of the body (rusted off the frame!). Its now a custom framed exo cage over a Samurai body with the Blazer and 3/4 ton drivetrain(TBI 350, turbo 350, 205, d44, 14 bolt) /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif. I've added a FlowKooler water pump and new thermostat(180 f) with a C&R 18x28 al. radiator and the water refuses to flow from the upper hose in the rear at 220 engine temp. I'm gonna change the thermostat but I'm not sure what brand/type to run. I'm also in need of a fan unit to fit the radiator and cant afford a new unit, ANY IDEAS?