Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear ride hieght ??

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tlbob, Feb 12, 2004.

1. tlbob

tlbob Registered Member

ok just wanted everyone opinion on this i have a 6 in sky jacker w/rear springs and the rear sits about 1.5 to 2 in lower than the front and i know this is normal but what your guy's suggestions on how the level it up add a leaf?

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

The only reason it is 'normal' is cuz most all spring makers spec thier spring packs to Pick-Up specs. Blazers are much heavier in the butt.
    For me I have 4" front and 5.5" rear springs and my rig sits peerty level has a slight stinkbug to it but I like it like that.
    As for you? maby ORD 1" zero rate blocks will do the trick?

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

How did you measure to find that the body doesn't sit level?
    Because the front wheel opening is much taller than the rear it often 'looks' like the back is lower when it really isn't. Measure to the body line to the ground front and rear and see how level it is. Mine looks like it is alot lower in the rear and it turned out to be 1/4" lower in the rear /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

You could also try looking for a post I made a while back on lift measurement and compair your measurements.

4. tlbob

tlbob Registered Member

i dont even have to measure it you can stand back and see it the 35 have got to be tucked about 3 in more than the front the rear bumper is about 3 3/4 in lower than the front