Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear rollbar/cage for 88 K5?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Chrisblazzer89, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Chrisblazzer89

Chrisblazzer89 1/2 ton status

Last edited: Dec 2, 2006
  2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Once again, if they had one for sale it would be in the for-sale forum :shame:

Smittybilt is out of business, though Trans-America (aka 4WPW) bought the name, so no more roll bars from them.

Your best bet for roll bars is to have one bent locally, or scavenge junkyards.

-- A

3. Chrisblazzer89

Chrisblazzer89 1/2 ton status

Thank you

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Since when is Smittybilt out of business? I just took a look at their webiste which has a date of 2006. http://www.gosmitty.com/html/aboutus.html

It appears that they are still in business but just not making roll bars anymore.

5. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Well, carp. I *swear* TA-aka-4WPW bought the name to SOMEBODY this year ... bought inventory and name, but will only handle some product lines. :dunno:

But now looking I can't find crap either.

-- A

6. Txchevy18

Txchevy18 1/2 ton status

I read the same thing teh other day, but I cant rember which mag it was in. It said that 4 wheel parts aka Trans American is buying teh company and will control distribution and retail, buit smittybuilt will continue to keep their name and preform thier own r&D. Ill post up the link or mag's name when I find it again.

7. DirtyJim

DirtyJim 1/2 ton status

if you know how to weld you can get one from summit. i dont know any one who has one but i know they sell the kits.

8. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

I'm almost positive that Smittybilt has changes hands a few times here lately and what's happend is that the major wholesale distributors aren't handling their products right now. Firts clue is that the website has changed names, it was www.smittybilt.com not www.gosmitty.com. It happens in the industry more often than you think. Black Diamond products are a good example, they have changed hands so many times you can't hardly find a wholesaler that is willing to stock them. I know I can't buy smittybilt right now from any of my distributors so it's possible in the near future that they'll come back into the picture but I wouldn't look for the roll bars / sport cages to be availible again.