Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear sag

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KUNIN, Jan 16, 2002.

1. KUNIN

KUNIN 1/2 ton status

have a 78 jimmy with a mild 2 1/2 in lift (springs/blocks) will replacing the rear factory springs and blocks get rid of the sag or do i just have to live with it?

2. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

My 85 had pretty bad rear sag with the factory springs. It was especially abd on the passenger side. The truck had a swing away spare tire carrier mounted on that corner for 15 years. I think that helped accelerate the sag.

I lifted the rig with full springs and it sits great and level now. I would say junk the blocks and factory springs and go with a lifted spring. Or, get replacement springs for your factory ones and keep your blocks or go shackle flip. Personally, I like the new spring option.

Brian
    Check out <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com>My Jimmy</a> with all her projects!

3. KUNIN

KUNIN 1/2 ton status

sounds good to me.i can get a rear set for 260.00 plus shipping so i'll probably go that route.any other opinions?

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I had a 2.5" addaleaf to lift the rear of my truck. Of course it sagged. So I added the 1" ORD zero rate addaleaf, and it sits great now. The truck is level, if not just a touch higher in the rear.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

5. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Just a thought, but a Rough Country 4" lift with new front and rear springs, new shocks, a raised steering arm, and brake line relocation brackets would run you $459 plus shipping. So, for $200 more, you would have all new springs front and rear, 4" lift, and no more blocks.

That's when I decided to revitalize my rig and lift it. For this exact same reason.

Brian
    Check out <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com>My Jimmy</a> with all her projects!

6. AlaskaLimo

AlaskaLimo Registered Member

Watch out for the shipping........ for me it was too much $230, but hopefully cheaper to you

91 3/4 ton suburban 350 tbi

7. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

My RC 4" lift complete with full springs plus a dual steering stabilizer shipped to my door (RC uses 2-day shipping) the shipping charges were about $80. Order direct from them for the best shipping prices.

Brian

8. KUNIN

KUNIN 1/2 ton status

that's a good looking rig you have brian.the rough country would look good on my 74 when i get ready to build it so i might see if they give me a discount on two kits LOL!!!!thanks for all your help gang.i might go with the four incher and sell my 2 1/2 to offset some of the cost.